Monday, November 9, 2009

#12 Aftercare Cheesy Noodles


This is what I make every Friday for the children in Red Rose Aftercare. I don't use a recipe and it's a little different each time (but not by much).


I put a pot of salted water to boil for veggie rotini pasta. In another pot I melt some organic butter and then add about 1/4 c of spelt flour and mix. Slowly I add about 2 cups of 2 % organic milk and keep stirring it until it boils and then I turn it right down. I add about 1 1/2 to 2 cups of organic medium white cheddar and sometimes a tiny bit of tamari or Braggs.


After the noodles have cooked for about 5 minutes I add one head chopped broccoli. When the noodles and broccoli are done I drain in a colander, put back in the pot and stir in the cheese sauce.


Yummy! The kids and I love it.

No comments: